Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Superintendent

Sub Navigation

Top

Headlines

Home > breadcrumbs: District > breadcrumbs: Central Office > breadcrumbs: Superintendent >

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Skip image

Story image 1_0
50c0a2ad23ccc Board of Education President Andy Grosshans (right) congratulates member Dale Rolofson. He was recognized at the December 2012 meeting for his years of service to the Board of Education. Dale's term will be completed in 2012.
Board of Education President Andy Grosshans (right) congratulates member Dale Rolofson. He was recognized at the December 2012 meeting for his years of service to the Board of Education. Dale's term will be completed in 2012.

District News Update 12-7-12

In School District 145 - Waverly, we have much to be thankful for. As the holiday season is upon us, this month's district update highlights a few of the many reasons to support why our school district continues to have success. 

Waverly Middle School Science Fair projects on display at the annual event on December 5. Channel 10/11 News aired a segment, click here to view the link to the news segment.

Click here to view  more about the Waverly Middle School Science Fair.

Mr. Daniell Chosen Assistant Principal of the Year!

Waverly High School One-Act Play placed 4th at Districts; Individual actors receiving Superior ratings were: Joey Behm, Dalton Polivka, Tucker Flodman, Mitch Eastep and Emma Scheel.

Volleyball recognition for WHS players: Congratulations to Olivia Boender for her 1st Team Super-State selection along with her 1st Team Class B All-State selection. She was also named Honorary Captain of the Class B Team.

Congratulations to Makenna Meier for her 1st Team Class B selection. Makenna will be the most recent Wall of Fame Member. Dani Root was named to the Class B 2nd Team and Makenzie Hyde as Honorable Mention.

Click on any of the following links to view articles to learn more:

Waverly High School Students Leadership presentation at the state School Board's Conference

Waverly High School Student Athletes Sign Letters of Intent

Social Media Speaker Talks to Students, Staff, and Parents

Music Program held at Eagle Elementary for grades 4-5

Veteran's Day Program held at Eagle Elementary - Flag made from student photos

Waverly Middle School "Honor a Veteran" Program

Heritage Festival at Eagle Elementary

Waverly Intermediate School Student Newsletter

School/Community Partnership for Essential Planning Process

Waverly Intermediate School Teacher Classroom Goals

Teacher In-Service at Eagle Elementary

December 2012 Board of Education Meeting

The Board of Education met on December 3. During each monthly meeting a presentation is given. Mrs. Rezek, Hamlow Elementary Principal, along with many teachers, presented information regarding reading and literacy instruction.    

The superintendent reported on the State of the Schools Report, preliminary state aid projections, social media presenter, and Mr. Brian Daniell's selection as Nebraska's High School Assistant Principal of the Year.

Committee reports were received from Building/Grounds/Transportation; Policy; Planning and Development, and a reports about the Nebraska State School Boards Conference. 

The Board action included:

1. Approve the hiring of Wendy Boitnott, WHS Special Education teacher, and Angie Konen, Hamlow Elementary teacher for second semester of the 2012-13 school year. 

2. Accepted resignations for Cheryl Landon, WHS teacher assistant, and McKayla Busboom, Special Education teacher.

3. Approve refinancing of Waverly High School bonds. The bonds will be paid off in 2016, but by refinancing again the taxpayers of the district will save an approximately $130,000.

4. Approve mid-term graduation for WHS student pending completion of all requirements. 

5. Approve the first reading of board policy 8260, Board member code of ethics and protocol. 

6. Approve second reading of board policies - no changes from first reading last month. 

7. Accept the 2011-12 fiscal year audit. 

The Board discussed: Heating and Cooling Upgrades for Hamlow Elementary; Parent Complaint; District Annual Report; New Board Member Orientation, Upcoming meetings and activities. 

The Board recognized Dale Rolofson for his service to the district while serving as a member of the Board of Education. 

The Board approved an employment contract with the superintendent through June 30, 2015, with compensation to be determined at a later date. 

January Board of Education meeting will be held on Monday, January 7, 2013. 

View previous district updates

District Update December 7, 2012

Date Subject Posted by:
No feedback has been posted yet. Please post yours!

Back To Top